Road Test Review: 2011 Bajaj Avenger 220 DTS-i
Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:49 PM
and he is going for it september end.
Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:45 PM
Why didn?t Bajaj provide some classic cruiser bike handelbars? just like with yamaha enticer. It will enhance the bike look and cruiser feel drastically. If Bajaj will do another mercy on poor chaps like us, by providing silencer which give Bullet type note, then its like icing on cake. Then and only then, i think Mr. Fat Biker will feel like God!
A. Classic cruiser handlebars will surely hamper the braking big time. It will make the Avenger a pain to ride in the city. Any bike that will give me immense pleasure on whichever turf I take it to, will be the one to make me feel like God
Query by Venkat / Joji:
What bike will be your choice if I wish to travel throughout the length and breadth of the country? / So you feel Avenger is not as good as an RE boy for long distance travelling?
A. Depends on the way you look at it. The Bullet Thunderbird and the Classic definitely felt more comfortable than the Avenger when I took it for long distance rides. The Bullet however fairs low on the reliability factor. Though the C5 (brand new) did not fret or fall apart at all the Thunderbird posed too many issues which I'm sure the Bajaj won't considering their recent progress with respect to reliability.
If genre is not a restriction, I would prefer the Karizma R/ZMR for long distance touring any day!
Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:53 PM
1. Feel like God factor - there are no two ways about this statement.
2. Sitting comfort: 4/5 (I am 6' 1'" guy)
3. Power: 3.5/5 (Woudl ahevloved more power)
4. Cruising at long distances: 4.5/5 (Pune-Kolhapur-Pune AND Pune-Alibagh-Kashid-Murud-Pune)
5. Riding comfort : 4.5/5 (V.Good on a really regular tarmac)
6. Looks: 4.5/5 (I have attcahed 2 pannies for my Avy with a Windshield - the combination is head turning)
7. Build Quality: 4.5/5
1. Mileage: 3/5 (30kmpl in city and 35kmpl on highways)
2. Pillon: 2.5/5 (Not comfortable for sustained long ride -stops become a ncessity!)
3. Fuel Cap Leak: 2.5/5 (Fill the Avy to the brim and execute the side stand parking - the fuel leaks!) Left with 2 choices - A)dont fill the tank to the brim & use the main stand if you fill the tank upto the brim.
4. Braking: 3.5/5 (Could have been better! The rear brakes are useles! The vehicle actually survives on the Disc brakes, which are awesome!)
5. Chrome on the fuel tank shine on a sunny day and thus making Avy difficult to ride!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users